HOW TO DISABLE PASSWORD EXPIRATION ON WINDOWS 7
Are you annoyed when Windows 7 notified you with a pop up message that your password is about to expire on your Computer and you want to know how you can prevent such message from popping up? Well in this article I am going to show you the quick and easy way on how to disable the annoying expiration message on your Computer.
FOR WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL, ULTIMATE AND ENTERPRISE EDITIONS:
1. Open the Local Users and Groups Manager. First go to click Start and on the empty Search Programs and Files box just type: lusrmgr.msc and press Enter. A pop up window will appear. Double click on Users and a different pop up window will appear showing a list of users on your Computer. Double click on your username for example if your username is John, just double click it and a small pop up window will appear as shown below.
Check the box next to Password never expires and click OK. Reboot your Computer and your are done.
FOR WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM:
1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator by Clicking on Start and on the empty Search Programs and Files box type: Command Prompt. Right click the menu item for it and select Run as administrator.
2. Type the following command at the prompt: net accounts /maxpwage: unlimited
3. Press Enter and you are done.
4. Restart your Computer and Windows 7 password expiration is now disabled.
I hope you find this article useful to you.